“Hydroponic Gardening Guide: The Unusual Method of Nurturing Your Desired Plants” Written by: Mr. George Bency
Almost every individual gets amazed at the site of beautiful gardens, and why not?
After all they seem appealing and compelling!
It takes a lot to grow out an attractive garden. You need to focus upon various factors. Some of them include fertilizers, seeds, soil and all those stuffs that are required to grow a plant. Further, if you are a die hard lover of rich flora, then you can have an elegant looking garden of your own. Of course, every lover of plants nurtures a variety of plants in his surroundings, so what’s new with the statement? The thing which makes difference here is that you don’t need to consider the crucial requirements of plants now!
Yeah! This is surprisingly true.
- The continuous development in agriculture has resulted into many astounding techniques, to maintain the right pH and nutrients, helping high for the growth of plants.
- You can grow up your plants wherever you like, without caring much for their basic requirements.
- Hydroponics gardening for instance is among one such technique, which comes with some great strategies for proper growth of the plants.
- This method has been in buzz due to its unusual phenomenon of growing a plant
What Is Hydropoenics Gardening?
If you are using this hydroponics technique, you won’t need a soil to grow the plant! Eventually, you can keep yourself away from the hectic tasks of plowing, hoe or shovel while the plant is under growth process. The results of this procedure are favorable and effects, in high yielding plants whether of any kind.
How Does It Work?
The Science Behind Hydroponics:
- Learning the facts about how hydroponics gardening actually works, will help you to see the bigger picture and understand easier. This is a fact that plants derive their nutrients from soil.
- Now this procedure doesn’t include any type of soil, just because the required nutrients are mixed, with the plant’s water supply.
- This further helps to nurture the growth during various stages of a plant’s life.
- Not much proficiency is needed, in this method for growing plants.
- However, you ought to be aware of the level of mixed nutrients, to be added into water.
The Basic Requirements:
- The foremost procedure, which you will have to learn, is adding the definite level of nutrients to the water.
- Over adding of nutrients, may lead to the damaging of plants.
- Apart from that, you would also require, some specific types of containers to store the plants, during their initial stage.
Before you could actually initiate the process, you will have to prepare the seedlings prior two weeks earlier than gardening. This would help the seedlings to germinate properly, within the required time span. Furthermore, you also need to arrange plastic tubes, to fill materials useful for growing mediums of plants. To be precise, for an ideal hydroponic process, you will have to organize the things in advance.
Selection of Containers:
This is another aspect which you should consider while opting for hydroponic garden.
- Accurate selection of containers would yield to proper growth of plants during its initial stage.
- Containers being colored in dark are ideal for such type of gardening. This evidently keeps away the formation of algae in the water.
- Further, this should be keenly considered because algae if overgrown may take away all the included nutrients from the water.
- Further, you will also have to cover the container with a foil whether of any kind.
- Additionally, choose the container according to the type and size of plants.
- If the plant is specified to give fruits or flowers for long period of time, then a container with deep volume would be highly recommendable, whereas wider containers provide more space to plants.
Some Considerable Points:
Although this process is distinct and unique, but still you need to ponder upon some points which include:
- Addition of nutrients, in water should be enhanced during each stage of the plant.
- Ideally 2-3 teaspoons of nutrient per 1 or 2 gallons of water is recommendable. As the solution is concentrated, over adding should be avoided.
- Place the plants in the area of direct sunlight.
- Shift the plants in case of heavy rains, as the water may get dilute.
- Keep an observation over the growth of your plants.
This medium has been in process since long. However, it managed to gain popularity during recent years. Furthermore, it has also shown a great scope for the areas where it is hard to grow a plant due to poor quality of soil.
For Additional Tips, The Following Resources Are Recommended:
- Pages worth reading;
- Wikipedia.com – Hydroponics Wiki > Nutrient Solutions – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroponis#Nutrient_solutions
- SIVB.org – Hydroponics Research Report “Commercial AeroPonics” – The Grow Anywhere Story – http://www.sivb.org/InVitroReport/42-2/research.htm
- Science.HowStuffWorks.com – “How AquaCulture Works” – http://science.howstuffworks.com/zoology/all-about-animals/aquaculture.htm/printable
Latest posts by George Bency (see all)
- Hydroponics: The Unusual Method of Nurturing Your Desired Plants - February 23, 2014